12.29.2005

No Italy, no car, no guy...what next?

Okay, all you hot bachelors: I'm a free woman now.

Oh, that's so funny it almost makes me want to laugh. So I broke up with him tonight. It was almost easy. I just told him I'm unhappy and I need more. There were some questions, but overall no argument from him (I'm sure deep down he feels the same), just a simple agreement that our schedules and generational differences have made things too difficult to continue. That in itself is nearly comedic, but I feel confidant that the two of us know and understand the real reasons behind the problems we've had. I also gathered from our conversation that he has read my posts and knows this website quite well (you didn't mean to let that slip, did you Tim?). Anyway, I guess we'll be friends and let the rest finally lay to rest. After all, as friends I can appreciate our differences without worrying about how this will affect our relationship 10 years from now when I'm bitter and resentful from years of solo diaper changing. I do think we'll be happier this way, don't you?

Anyway, on the brink of welcoming yet another new year, I offer you (all) this toast: Sometimes it's better to quit and remember what was than to try and force what isn't, to be.

No comments: