1.04.2006

The definition of joy is...

finding a decent coffeeshop in the most unexpected place (Broadway in Alton, IL).

This, friends, was an exciting day indeed. You know how I have pined for a coffeeshop to fill the void in my heart that was left when I moved away from Columbia, Missouri, and my favorite coffeeshop of all time, Lakota's? Aroma's in Alton is going to give Lakota's a run for its money, I think. Here are some photos of this New York loft type coffeeshop:





Have you ever seen such coffeehouse splendor? So what all does this place offer, you ask?

Wi-Fi access

great espresso

awesome atmosphere

plenty of seating

upper and lower level

great variety of drinks at reasonable prices

they serve lunch

great view of the river and bridge

It doesn't get much better than this. Just look at Andrea's face...she's positively beaming. Oh wait, that may have more to do with that little bulge in her tummy area:


Anyway, this is by far the most successful day I've had since moving back to Alton. If any of you come through town in the future, give me a call (or an e-mail) and I'll meet you there for a coffee. Chances are I'll already be there anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks like a great place!!! Carter and I would love to meet you there sometime for some coffee!!! The pictures reminds me of an awesome place in up state New York where my dad's family lives!!!

Laura Kuchnicki said...

Amy,
Can you e-mail me your e-mail address again? I know I must have had it to send you the website address, but I can't seem to find it. I've been wanting to write to you...

Hope to hear from you soon.

P.S. For those of you who don't know Amy: Her son Carter was very, very sick with RSV last April (2005) and I took care of him a lot in the PICU. We became friends then and have kept in touch. If Amy will send me some e-mail photos of Carter, I'll post them so you can all see what a beautiful, happy baby he's become. :)