3.28.2006

No more Indigo Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what I did today: I woke up at 4:30 am, checked to make sure I hadn't rolled over on any eggs in my sleep (? I think I must have had a dream about it, but all I can say for sure is that it was my first thought of the day), and headed downstairs for a shower. When I got out, I could have sworn I heard something moving in the basement and that freaked me out a little. Alas, coffee called and I had to make my way toward the back of the house in any case. I let Maddie outside to pee (very near said basement). Nothing got me, so I guess I imagined it. I drank my coffee as I was getting dressed and doing my makeup. Then I grabbed a banana and some peanut butter for breakfast and headed out to work. I got really annoyed with Sirius satellite radio on the way to work. I have been listening to one station (Coffeehouse) ever since I previewed them all {post 01.08.06}, but I have a major gripe. The variety, in general, is acceptable. But EVERY single morning on my way to work I have to hear an Indigo Girls song. I can't stand the Indigo Girls!! Wasting 4 precious commute minutes on that stuff is such a misery for me since I know there are a bazillion songs I would love to be hearing. Other artists I can be sure to hear at that time every morning: David Gray (love it), Tracy Chapman (love it), and Jack Johnson (I'm fine with it). Today on my two commutes I heard James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" twice. I just think that with the millions of coffeehouse type songs there are, I shouldn't have to hear the damned Indigo Girls every blasted day.

I could change the channel, I suppose, but I've misplaced my programming sheet and don't know which stations are which. I tried to be all random about it last week and ended up listening to Christian Rock. I won't be making that mistake again- I'd rather hear the Indigo Girls.

Then I drove home (again, another Indigo Girls song, though this one is one of the least painful to hear- it was Uncle John's Band. The most hated one is Kid Fears- it is truly atrocious).

I wonder why they (Sirius Coffeehouse people) don't play more Damien Rice?

Anyway, now I'm home and I'm checking in here before I go to bed. I hope to get called off tomorrow since the unit's kind of slow, but considering I was like 10th on the list today, that's a very remote possibility.

How's my near-depression, you ask? Well, I didn't cry today. In fact, I actually laughed a lot (I think my brain realized it was in a slump and to compensate it was coming up with the funniest stuff-I was cracking myself up a good part of the day, even when I was alone with no one else in close proximity). Overall my general mood was better, and my mind was a little clearer. I just hope it stays that way.

No comments: