1.17.2006

By popular demand: Meet the Other Sister

Okay, well only one demand really (hmm, wonder who?) It's about time I introduced my youngest sister, Ann. Here she is:

Ann is 24 years old, a fellow MU alumnus (school of Journalism), and is currently an account executive at Moosylvania Marketing. I chose this photo because the look on my nephew's face is the look on the face of lots of guys when they see her- she's very attractive, and damned photogenic. One of the reasons I love her is that despite the fact that she could probably choose any guy she pleases, she has a very funny dating track record which includes several Canadians, some overly schmoopy fellows, and one guy who lived with my parents for a while. Why does that endear her to me, you ask? Because she's obviously looking for more than appearances, and that's sort of what she's all about- character. When my sister Jennifer, my mother, and I are sitting around being catty about something, Ann will be the one to change the subject. She is my younger sister, but if I need someone to just listen to me and then offer sound advice, she's it. I can't explain that really- there's a certain advice giving/listening quality she has that lends itself very nicely to particular situations, and makes a person feel like they've really been heard. She is fiercely loyal to her friends and family- you'll find no better back-up anywhere. My mom always says that I stress her out because I worry her so much (with my misfortunate and chaotic life)- she never says that about Ann. In fact, no one worries about Ann. Why is that? She's got it together. She's intelligent, ambitious, creative, fun, and a great planner (she plans the majority of our family vacations). Sure, she takes 2 full hours to get ready to go somewhere, but when she arrives she is polished and prepared in every sense of the word. And I love her because she still needs her big sister sometimes (me, not Jennifer)- whenever she has a health scare, she calls me to find out whether she should panic or not. And although she rolls her eyes and sighs because I am so ridiculous, she still lets me talk her into things- just ask her about mineral makeup.


P.S. You know how I hate to work three in a row? The PICU called this morning and I'm "at home" today because the unit is pretty slow. So I'll only have to work 2 in a row- very manageable. That's why I'm posting this early- I was already up and ready when they called.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great sister you have!

Anonymous said...

I have a new band for you. Check out The Fray. They just released a single called "In Over My Head"...it's getting some play on The River. Reminds me of Freddie Jones/Big Head Todd. Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Guess what? Do you remember me telling you about The Thrive Network(RSV)? Well Thursday at 10:45am someone from Channel 4 news is going to come over and interview me about Carter's ordeal with RSV! Carter is going to be famous!!! I'll have to let you know when it is going to be on the news!! Wish me luck! I'm already nervous and running around like a crazy women cleaning!!!!

Anonymous said...

I really wish you would call your friend. I don't have your newe(est) number!!!

Anonymous said...

Um, you have another sister that does at least half the planning for our family vacations...

Anonymous said...

but we all know who the real brains behind the whole operation is....